Cinnamon, cut, 1 oz (Cinnamomum cassia)
Herbal Uses of Cinnamon
- Cinnamon has prebiotic properties that may help restore the balance of bacteria in the gut and support digestive health. It can be consumed to relieve digestive discomfort and increase the secretion of digestive fluids to aid digestion and nutrient absorption.
- Cinnamon may help support blood sugar management by increasing insulin sensitivity, decreasing blood sugar levels after eating, and reducing the risk of diabetes. Several studies have linked cinnamon to better blood sugar levels, but it is unclear whether it helps lower blood sugar in people with diabetes.
- Cinnamon has been shown to have antibacterial and antifungal properties that can help the immune system fight off bacteria, viruses, and fungi. It has also been reported to effectively treat respiratory tract infections caused by fungi and can help prevent food spoilage.
Magical Uses of Cinnamon
- Purification and Cleansing
- Cinnamon is believed to have purifying and cleansing properties, and is often used to cleanse and purify spaces. This can include homes, workplaces, or other areas where negative energy may linger. One way to use cinnamon for purification is to mix it with other herbs and spices such as salt, sage or frankincense, and sprinkle it in the corners of the room or light it as incense. This is said to clear any negative energy and promote a positive, uplifting energy in the space.
- Attracting Wealth and Success
- Cinnamon is believed to have the power to attract wealth and success when used in spells and charms. This is likely due to its association with abundance and prosperity. In spells and charms, cinnamon can be used in various forms, such as:
- Sprinkling cinnamon powder around your home or on money to attract wealth and abundance
- Carrying a small pouch of cinnamon with you to bring success in business or job interviews
- Adding cinnamon sticks or powder to a candle and lighting it while visualizing your desired outcome
- Adding cinnamon to a mojo bag filled with other herbs and crystals that are also associated with wealth and success
- Making a tea with cinnamon and sipping it while meditating on your financial goals
It is important to note that using cinnamon, or any other ingredient, alone will not guarantee success, it is believed that is the intention and the visualization that makes the magic happen. Also, the use of cinnamon in spells and charms should be combined with practical steps towards achieving your goals, such as creating a budget, networking, and learning new skills.
- Protective and Purification Powders and Mojo Bags
- In hoodoo and folk magic, cinnamon is considered a powerful ingredient for protective and purification spells and charms. It is often used in powders and mojo bags to create protective amulets and talismans.
Protective powders are made by mixing cinnamon with other protective herbs such as salt, and sometimes also with crystals, roots, and other items that are believed to have protective properties. The powder is then sprinkled around the house, carried in a bag, or used to anoint candles. This is said to protect against negative energy, psychic attacks, and other forms of harm.
Cinnamon can also be used in purification powders, which are made by mixing it with herbs such as sage and frankincense. These powders are used to cleanse and purify spaces and objects. It is also used to anoint ritual tools and personal items to cleanse them of negative energy.
In hoodoo, mojo bags are small cloth bags filled with herbs, roots, and other ingredients that are believed to have specific magical properties. Cinnamon can be added to mojo bags for protection, prosperity, and love spells. The bags are typically carried with you, placed in your home, or buried underground to bring the desired effect.
It is important to note that hoodoo and folk magic are practices rooted in African American culture and they have their own set of beliefs and practices, it is not the same as other forms of magic and should be respected as such.
- Divination and Scrying
- Cinnamon is believed to be useful in divination and scrying practices due to its ability to enhance spiritual awareness and open the mind. Divination is the practice of seeking knowledge of the future or the unknown through various methods such as tarot reading, crystal gazing, and scrying. In divination, cinnamon is often used to enhance the abilities of the diviner and to provide a clearer and more accurate reading.
One way to use cinnamon in divination is to add a small amount of powder to a bowl of water, which is then used to scry. Scrying is the practice of looking into a reflective surface, such as water, to gain insight and knowledge of the future. The cinnamon is believed to enhance the diviner’s ability to see and interpret the images that appear in the water.
Another way to use cinnamon in divination is to burn it as incense while performing a reading. It’s warm and inviting aroma can open the mind and clear the senses, making it easier to connect with the spiritual realm and receive information.
It makes a delicious tea to drink before performing divination. It is believed that the warm and comforting sensation of the tea will help to relax the mind and open the third eye, allowing for a clearer and more accurate reading.
It is important to note that divination is a complex practice that requires knowledge and practice, and the use of cinnamon alone will not guarantee an accurate reading. Combining it with other methods such as meditation and visualization can enhance the experience and increase the chances of receiving meaningful insights.
- Love and Attraction
- Cinnamon is believed to be associated with feelings of love and attraction, and some people burn it as incense for this purpose. Incense burning is a common practice in many cultures, and it is believed that the smoke and aroma of the burning incense can have a powerful effect on the mind and emotions.
When burning cinnamon as incense, it is said to create a warm and inviting atmosphere that promotes feelings of love and attraction. The aroma of cinnamon is believed to stimulate the senses and create a positive and romantic ambiance. It is said to help to increase the energy of love and attraction in the environment, making it more likely for people to connect and form romantic relationships.
Cinnamon incense can also be used in spells and rituals related to love and attraction. For example, it can be burned while visualizing a specific person or while reciting a love spell. Or it can be added to a mojo bag filled with other herbs and crystals that are associated with love and attraction.
It is important to note that the use of cinnamon incense alone will not guarantee the attraction or love of a specific person. Love and attraction are complex emotions and can be influenced by many factors. The use of cinnamon incense can be a powerful tool to enhance the atmosphere and set the intention, but it should be used in combination with other actions such as self-improvement, confidence building, and socializing.
The information provided about the potential uses of cinnamon for magical purposes is intended for educational purposes only. Please be aware that using cinnamon for magical purposes may have psychological effects and may also cause allergic reactions in some individuals. Use caution and discretion when exploring these practices, and be mindful of any potential allergies.
Please note that the use of herbs and herbal remedies is not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The FDA does not evaluate or approve herbs for safety or effectiveness, and they may not have been tested for purity or quality. Therefore, it is important to use caution when using any herb or herbal remedy, and to be aware that they may have potential risks and interactions. If you have any health concerns, please consult with a healthcare professional before using any herb or herbal remedy. The information provided about the potential uses and benefits of herbs is for educational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for medical advice or treatment.
Leave a Comment