Comfrey Root 1 oz (Symphytum Officinale)
Herbal Uses of Comfrey Root
- Comfrey root has vulnerary and astringent properties and is used topically to heal wounds and bruises. It’s sometimes combined with other herbs such as calendula and plantain to aid in healing. However, it’s important to note that comfrey root contains pyrrolizidine alkaloids, and thus should only be used topically, not taken internally.    
- Comfrey root has long been used to reduce inflammation. It contains substances like allantoin and rosmarinic acid that promote skin growth and relieve pain and inflammation respectively . Comfrey extracts are applied externally in the form of ointments or pastes to treat joint inflammation . Comfrey is also known to soothe muscles and joints, reducing painful inflammation .
Magical Uses of Comfrey Root
- Comfrey root is believed to protect against harm and negative energy by creating a shield of positive energy. The root is thought to have strong grounding and protective properties, and when used in spells and rituals, it is said to absorb negative energy and dispel any negative or harmful forces that may be present.
In some traditions, the root is also believed to have the ability to attract positive energy, love, and blessings, which helps to reinforce the protective shield. By carrying or placing comfrey root in specific areas it may create a safe and protected environment, free from negative influences.
- Spiritual Healing
- Comfrey root is believed by some to help with spiritual healing by removing blockages and negativity from the aura, chakras, and energy fields. In some spiritual and magical traditions, it is believed that physical and emotional issues often have a spiritual root cause, and that addressing these spiritual issues is necessary for complete healing.
It is believed to be particularly effective for healing the heart chakra, which is associated with emotions and relationships. It is said to soothe emotional pain, promote self-love, and help to release negative feelings and relationships that may be holding a person back.
In spells and rituals, comfrey root is often used to create a healing bath, in which the root is simmered in water and the person is encouraged to soak and meditate. The root can also be carried, placed on the body, or used to create talismans and amulets to promote ongoing healing.
- Money and Abundance
- Comfrey root is believed by some to bring financial prosperity, abundance, and good luck due to its association with growth and abundance in nature. Comfrey is a hardy and fast-growing plant, and its roots can be very deep and extensive, symbolizing stability and growth.
In some magical and spiritual traditions, comfrey root is used as a talisman or amulet to attract riches and blessings. It is thought that carrying or placing it near money or valuable possessions can increase their value and help to attract more wealth and success.
In spells and rituals, comfrey root can also be used to create a “money drawing” oil or tea, which is said to help increase financial flow and prosperity. Additionally, it can be added to mojo bags or gris-gris bags.
This information on the use of comfrey root for magical purposes is solely for educational purposes. It is important to exercise caution when exploring these practices as they may have psychological effects and may also cause allergic reactions. Be mindful of any allergies and proceed with caution.
Keep in mind that the use of herbs and herbal remedies is not regulated by the FDA, who does not approve or evaluate them for safety and effectiveness. There is a potential for purity and quality issues as they may not have been tested. It is crucial to be cautious when using any herb or herbal remedy and to be aware of potential risks and interactions. Before using, it is recommended to consult a healthcare professional if you have any health concerns. This information on the potential uses and benefits of herbs is intended to educate and is not meant to replace medical advice.
Leave a Comment